Date(s) - 15/01/2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 2 days
Dates and Time: Tuesday 15th January 2019 (9:15am - 4.00pm) and Tuesday 12th February 2019 (9:15am- 4:00pm)
Lead Facilitators: Ali Carrington (SLE) and Jet Davis (SLE)
Audience: Leaders, practitioners and teachers working in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9
This is an exciting CPD opportunity to develop your understanding and practice of supporting early communication and language in the Early Years. The programme is designed to include 2 days delivery, and a practitioner led action research project being led by participants in their home settings.
During the sessions participants will have opportunities to:
· Explore how early communication and language develops from birth
· Reflect on how adult/child interactions support communication, language and literacy
· Consider how a rich, playful language and communication environment supports learning and development for 2 year olds
· Share ways to engage and involve parents/carers in their child’s communication and language development
· Access specialist advice from Speech and Language Therapists and Specialist Leader in Education for English as an additional Language
· Listen to how other PVI settings have made positive changes in their practice
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre