Date(s) - 05/03/2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day
Dates and Time: Tuesday 5th March 2019 (9:15am – 4:00pm)
Lead Facilitators: Jet Davis (SLE) and Ali Carrington (SLE)
Audience: EYFS coordinators, Teachers and TAs in Reception Classes
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9
This one day course explores how early language and communication skills develop in the EYFS and will enable teachers to use this knowledge to support the development of oracy and literacy in your reception class.
During the sessions participants will have opportunities to:
· Explore how early communication and language develops
· Reflect on how adult/child interactions support communication, language and literacy in your classroom
· Consider how a rich, playful language and communication environment supports early literacy skills in Reception
· Share ways to engage and involve parents/carers in their child’s communication and language development
· Access specialist advice from Speech and Language Therapists and a Specialist Leader of Education for English as an Additional Language (EAL)
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre
You can book any of our courses online by clicking here.
Please read our booking Terms and Conditions here.