Date(s) - 11/06/2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day
Dates and Time: Tuesday 11th June 2019 (9:15am – 4:00pm)
Lead Facilitators: Jet Davis (SLE) and Sophie Nicholls (ITE Leader)
Audience: Leaders, practitioners, teachers and support staff working in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9
This one day course will develop your understanding and expertise in engaging all children in storytelling to support communication, language, literacy and personal and social development.
During the sessions participants will have opportunities to:
· Develop an understanding of the importance of storytelling and links with self-esteem, expression and achievement
· Reflect on the relationship between storytelling and play
· Explore strategies such as story mapping, story squares and nonverbal story telling
· Reflect on providing an inclusive story telling environment
· Consider how to develop story telling with parents
· Explore the principles and practice of using CORE BOOK in your classroom/setting
· Reflect on own practice through action research
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre
You can book any of our courses online by clicking here.
Please read our booking Terms and Conditions here.