Anna has been fascinated by babies and young children her whole life. She has volunteered in various capacities and also has ten years’ experience as a foster parent. She has over 27 years’ teaching experience, working for many years as an advanced skills teacher and most recently as an Assistant Head Teacher. She has led her Early Years’ teams to four consecutive Outstanding grades from Ofsted. She promotes child-led learning in which children are given autonomy and respect. She now works as an independent author and consultant, supporting practitioners both in the UK and abroad. She has had four books published – Nursery, Reception and Year One in Action and, most recently, Planning in the Moment. Anna is also now spending a lot of time in Bristol looking after her granddaughter and supporting a local pre-school.
- Understanding the Crucial Role of the Key Person
- Principles and Guidance for Effective Assessment
- Using your Data to Narrow the Achievement Gap
- Learning from Reggio Emilia
- Embedding the Characteristics of Effective Learning across your School or Setting (EYFS)