Date(s) - 07/05/2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day
Dates and Time: Tuesday 7th May 2019 (9:15am – 4:00pm)
Lead Facilitators: Rachel Pirie (SLE) and Ali Carrington (SLE)
Audience: Leaders, practitioners, teachers and support staff working in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 4, 5, 6, 8
This one day course will explore how children’s physicality and movement links to well-being and development across all areas of learning. There will be opportunities to reflect on the physical skills that support mark making and writing, planning to encourage active learning and how to foster positive attitudes towards being physically active for life.
During the sessions participants will have the opportunity to:
· Reflect on the importance of physical development as a prime area and how it links with other areas of learning in the EYFS
· Learn about the movement experiences that young children need and why
· Consider how to create a movement rich play environment including everyday routines to support physical development
· Explore how our own interactions and attitudes can encourage children to be physically active
· Review planning to ensure that children are engaged in physical activities that meets the national guidelines for under 5’s
· Reflect on your own practice and be guided through your own research
Links to Bristol Standard Dimension: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8.
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre
You can book any of our courses online by clicking here.
Please read our booking Terms and Conditions here.