Date(s) - 26/04/2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day
Dates and Time: Friday 29th April 2019 (9:15am – 4:00pm) for Primary Schools
Lead Facilitators: Cate Peel (SLE) and Becky Berry (SLE)
Audience: Leaders, practitioners ,teachers and support staff working in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
This 1 day course will explore the ways in which we can support and extend effective characteristics of learning to enable young children to become resilient, reflective lifelong learners. We will consider a philosophy which creates an inclusive learning community and inspires everyone to embrace new learning.
During the sessions participants will have opportunities to:
· To reflect on our own beliefs about learning
· To identify what effective learning looks like
· To explore the BRISTOL Characteristics of effective Learning – building on the best of the EYFS, ACE and Building Learning Power
· To consider environments, routines and planning which promote learning to learn
· To explore the language of learning and how to use it with young children to enable them to develop themselves as a learner
· To begin to see ourselves as co-constructors in young children’s learning
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre