Date(s) - 08/02/2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day
Dates and Time: Friday 8th February 2019 (9:15am - 4:00pm
Lead Facilitators: Lead Facilitators: Cate Peel (SLE) and Nasrin Dahir (Somali Support Worker)
Audience: Leaders, practitioners, teachers and support staff working in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and KS1.
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 1, 2, 3, 8
This one-day course will enable you to unpick what ‘British Values’ can look like in your school or EYs setting. We will explore some of the tensions that we are facing today around social justice, race equality and human rights. We will draw on links between the EYFS and the European Union Children’s Rights as well as current thinking in this area and the PREVENT duty.
During the session practitioners will have opportunities to:
· Understand the context and meaning of “British Values”
· Identify best practice as examples of strategies to develop “British values”
· Explore the EU Children’s Rights
· Consider how developing an effective PSED core offer could impact on ‘British Values’ and support community cohesion and social inclusion
· Participate in a cultural surgery, asking questions of community group to develop deeper reflection on individual differences and similarities
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre
You can book any of our courses online by clicking here.
Please read our booking Terms and Conditions here.