Date(s) - 20/06/2017
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day
Dates and Time: Tuesday 20th June 2017 (9.15am - 4.00pm)
Lead Facilitators: Ali Carrington (SLE)
Audience: Practitioners, Teaching Assistants, Teachers, Childminders who are new to EYFS and those who like to refresh/update their practice.
- Foundations to Effective Practice in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre
This is an introductory session to the Early Years Foundation Stage and how to make sure that children and families are at the heart of good practice. We will explore the four themes of EYFS, the Key Person role, Characteristics of Effective Learning and consider how to develop an effective learning environment to support, inspire and nurture children in their foundation years.
During the session participants will have opportunities to:
- Explore the 4 themes of the EYFS and how these work as part of every day statutory practice in early years
- Reflect on the role of the adult in supporting children’s wellbeing, learning and development
- Identify examples of effective characteristics of learning in practice (using film clips) and how these are best supported
- Consider how all areas of learning in the EYFS can be developed through an effective and inspiring learning environment
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre