Date(s) - 14/02/2019
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Duration: 2 days
Dates and Time: Dates: 14th February 2019 (8:30am - 5:30pm) and 15th February 2019 (8:30am - 5:30pm)
Lead Facilitators: Acorn Health and Safety
Audience: For those working with children in an outdoor setting
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 1, 7, 10
The course has been developed particularly to support staff members working with children in an outdoor environment as part of the forest schools initiative, extra time has been allocated for role play and simulation. Participants will develop a number of basic first aid skills and will be awarded an “Outdoor First Aid for Childcare” certificate, valid for 3 years.
· Planning for, and dealing with, first aid emergencies involving babies and children
· Minor cuts, bites, stings bleeding and unconsciousness and resuscitation of babies and children
· Choking, shock, head, neck and back injuries, burns and scalds, poisoning
· Effects of extreme heat and cold including febrile convulsions
· Contamination and injury to the eyes and foreign objects in the ears and nose
· Other medical conditions including epilepsy, asthma, diabetes, meningitis and sickle cell anaemia
Book now!This course is provided by Redcliffe Nursery School and Children's Centre
You can book any of our courses online by clicking here.
Please read our booking Terms and Conditions here.