Date(s) - 07/12/2018
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day
Dates and Time: : Friday 7th December 2018 (9:15am- 4:00pm)
Lead Facilitators: Cate Peel (SLE)
Audience: Leaders, practitioners, teachers and support staff working in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 1, 3, 6, 10
This one day course will explore how practitioners observe and understand what they are thinking and questioning as they consider young children’s explorations. It will encourage them to think beyond how they resource the ‘next steps of learning’ to become better partners and researchers in children’s learning. We will consider how planning can best reflect children’s interests and challenge their learning.
During the sessions practitioners will have opportunities to:
· Reflect on current practice for observations and interpretations
· Consider the reflexive thinking every practitioner brings to an interpretation and how this has an impact on our understanding
· Explore how we deepen what we are noticing about children’s mastery of learning
· Draw on what we know about emotional patterns of play, behaviour and schemas to help our understanding
· Review planning to ensure it best supports children’s interests and extends learning
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre