Date(s) - 14/12/2018
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day
Dates and Time: Friday 14th December 2018 (9:15am – 4:00pm
Lead Facilitators: Lucy Driver (NLE)
Audience: Practitioners ,teachers and support staff working in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 2, 3, 7
This 1 day course will explore the basics of effective, authentic and meaningful interactions with children in the EYs. We will cover what makes for quality interactions: the way we use our body and voice, how we listen, pause, and reflect on children’s learning with them. How we can deepen their thinking, provoke new learning and delight in the children’s fascinations.
During the sessions participants will have opportunities to:
· Understand the significance of effective, meaningful and respectful interactions on children’s well-being and achievement
· Identify the quality characteristic of effective interactions
· Understanding what facilitates ‘sustained share thinking’
· Understand how these quality characteristics can be used to support your own self-evaluation and professional development
· Consider how we can use each other to develop our interactions with children, through peer observation, modelling etc
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre