Date(s) - 18/12/2018
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day
Dates and Time: Tuesday 18th December 2018 (9:15am - 4:00pm)
Lead Facilitators: Lucy Driver (NLE) and Michaela Willcox (SLE)
Audience: All those leading or working in the EYFS in Nurseries or schools.
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 1, 7, 10
The Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation stage requires that providers must put appropriate arrangements in place for the supervision of staff who have contact with young children and families.
We will review understanding, policy, protocols and procedures for developing effective supervision in your EYFS setting/class teams. It will also explore some of the complexities of being an effective supervisor and some of the strategies to get the most out of your team in this role.
During the session participants will have opportunities to:
· Explore the purpose, requirements and possible models of supervision and how it compliments appraisal
· Consider your responsibility and authenticity in your role as supervisor
· Explore the skills required for effective supervision
· Reflect on the influence of power in supervision and coaching
· Consider behaviours, beliefs and habits that may inhibit staff from feeling fully involved in their role and setting
· Explore a rationale and frame work on which coaching can be developed in your setting as a tool to empower staff in their own professional development
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre
You can book any of our courses online by clicking here.
Please read our booking Terms and Conditions here.