Date(s) - 11/01/2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1.5 days
Dates and Time: Friday 11th January 2019 (9:15am - 4:00pm) and Thursday 14th February 2019 (1:15pm - 4:00pm)
Lead Facilitators: Jet Davis (SLE) and Nuzhat Malik (SLE)
Audience: Leaders, practitioners and teachers and support staff working in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and KS1.
Bristol Standard Dimension links: 1, 2, 3, 8, 9
This 1.5 day course will support practitioners to consider the implications for children and families coming into their setting with none or very little English. We will explore cultural identity, self-esteem, language acquisition and learn practical strategies to ensure both children and families have a voice, all of which has impact on their achievement.
During the sessions participants will have opportunities to:
· Develop a better understanding of communities, cultures and communication
· Understand the importance of valuing home language and the impact this has on confidence and self esteem
· Understand language acquisition and how we support it for our multi-lingual learners
· Learn practical strategies to support children’s belonging, understanding and communication
· Reflect on how to ensure all families and children have a voice in their learning and consider how this can be done
Book now!This course is provided by St Pauls Nursery School and Children’s Centre
You can book any of our courses online by clicking here.
Please read our booking Terms and Conditions here.