NATIONAL STUDY DAYS
Book on to one of our bespoke study days. This is a hugely popular form of professional development and both our National Teaching Schools have welcomed visitors from all over the UK and beyond.
During a Study Day you can:
- Have a tour of the Centre and get involved in what we are doing
- Discuss in a relaxed atmosphere any topics of your choice with up to 3 members of staff who will be available to you throughout the day
- Engage in reciprocal provocative learning conversations in an inclusive environment
- Have time to explore our documentation, polices and practice
Staff at both Redcliffe and St Pauls are highly qualified and experienced, they lead professional development for others in the authority and nationally. As National Teaching Schools we also have particular expertise in Research, Leadership Development, Initial Teacher training and have developed interesting models of collaboration with the Local Authority as partners in School Improvement.
Check out our websites to get a flavour of our areas of expertise.
http://stpaulschildrenscentre.co.uk and http://www.redcliffechildrenscentre.co.uk.
Contact St Pauls to arrange a date suitable for you and your team.
Please note we have limited availability for large groups (over 10 people) this year.
The cost of the day is £70 per person including an information pack, and refreshments. Group rates are available.
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL STUDY TOURS
We have plenty of experience of hosting study tours for groups of up to 16 people. Recently we have hosted groups of Early Years Teachers from China for a one-week International Study Tour, and colleagues from Wales.
A study Tour will be designed to meet your needs but could include:
- Immersion days, shadowing staff and observing practice
- Opportunities to reflect on new learning and bridge theory into practice
- Taught CPD sessions
- Discussion Groups and shared reading
- Visits to some or all 11 Bristol Nursery Schools – all leading in EYs Pedagogy and innovation
If required, we can also arrange accommodation, and guides for the historic and picturesque city of Bristol. Recommendations and endorsements can be supplied on request. Contact St Pauls to arrange a date suitable for you, please note we will need at least 8 weeks notice to plan a study tour to meet your needs.
Average cost of £130 per day per person, which would include CPD, visits and transport to settings across Bristol, publications and documentation, food and refreshments. Package will be costed individually based on requirements and numbers.