In order to receive your tickets by email, please add email@example.com to your safe senders list. If you don’t see your tickets/order confirmation, please check your junk/spam folder.
- This event has passed.
Children as Storytellers
February 25 @ 9:15 am - 4:00 pm£75.00
This 1 day course will develop your understanding and expertise in developing narrative and encouraging all children to become powerful storytellers to support communication, language, literacy and personal and social development.
During the sessions participants will have opportunities to:
- Develop an understanding of the importance of storytelling and links with self-esteem, expression and achievement
- Reflect on the relationship between storytelling and play
- Explore strategies such as story mapping, story squares and non-verbal story telling
- Reflect on providing an inclusive story telling environment
- Consider how to develop story telling with parents
- Introduce the principles and practice of using core books in your classroom/setting