In order to receive your tickets by email, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list. If you don’t see your tickets/order confirmation, please check your junk/spam folder.
Gender and Diversity in the Early Years
May 5 @ 9:15 am - 4:00 pm£75.00
This training explores how bias and gender stereotyping impacts on children’s sense of self and sense of others. Children are ‘coded’ by everything around them – the environment, language, cultural references and most influentially the adults. We will reflect on how it is possible to provide an environment that challenges the many stereotypes that exist, encourages children to explore who they are and discourages prejudice.
During the sessions participants will have the opportunity to:
- Consider the impact of socially constructed gender ‘norms’ on children in the early years and how this might contribute to the gender achievement gap
- Reflect on the use of everyday language that could compound gender stereotyping
- Explore how we consider gender when planning the learning environment
- Consider how all children can be supported to explore and reach their full potential without fear of discrimination for being themselves
- Reflect on your own practice