In order to receive your tickets by email, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list. If you don’t see your tickets/order confirmation, please check your junk/spam folder.
- This event has passed.
Quality Interactions and Reflective Practice in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
May 21 @ 9:15 am - 4:00 pm£75.00
This 1 day course will explore the basics of effective, authentic and meaningful interactions with children in the EYs. We will cover what makes for quality interactions: the way we use our body and voice, how we listen, pause, and reflect on children’s learning with them. How we can deepen their thinking, provoke new learning and delight in the children’s fascinations.
During the sessions participants will have opportunities to:
- Understand the significance of effective, meaningful and respectful interactions on children’s well-being and achievement
- Identify the quality characteristic of effective interactions
- Understanding what facilitates ‘sustained share thinking’
- Understand how these quality characteristics can be used to support your own self-evaluation and professional development
- Consider how we can use each other to develop our interactions with children, through peer observation, modelling etc.