In order to receive your tickets by email, please add email@example.com to your safe senders list. If you don’t see your tickets/order confirmation, please check your junk/spam folder.
- This event has passed.
Supporting the Achievement of Children With English as an Additional Language
May 19 @ 9:15 am - 4:00 pm£100.00
This 1.5 day course will support practitioners to consider the implications for children and families coming into their setting with none or very little English. We will explore cultural identity, self-esteem, language acquisition and learn practical strategies to ensure both children and families have a voice, all of which has impact on their achievement.
During the sessions participants will have opportunities to:
- Develop a better understanding of communities, cultures and communication
- Understand the importance of valuing home language and the impact this has on confidence and self esteem
- Understand language acquisition and how we support it for our multi-lingual learners
- Learn practical strategies to support children’s belonging, understanding and communication
- Reflect on how to ensure all families and children have a voice in their learning and consider how this can be done