Talking About Curriculum – Strong Pedagogy and Practice in the Early Years
January 30, 2020 @ 9:15 am - 3:30 pm£100.00
Ofsted and the DfE have been talking about curriculum recently. The Early Learning Goals and areas of learning have been re-written and Development Matters is being re-purposed. Ofsted have produced the new Education Inspection Framework with its emphasis on ‘Intent, Implementation and Impact’. This course will look at how practitioners can make sense of these moves and remain strong in their commitment to the principles of play based pedagogy throughout the EYFS.
Some questions to be considered are:
- Are we confident about our pedagogy and how it is having an impact on learning and development for children and families in Bristol?
- What sorts of adult/child and adult/adult interactions best support great learning and thinking?
- Can we explain our practice to others less knowledgeable about early childhood education and the EYFS?
- When we plan our setting/school curriculum do we capitalise on the funds of knowledge children bring to us from their everyday lives and unique experiences?
- Can we recognise and remove barriers and are we confident about what is meant by cultural and social capital?
- The day will be a mix of input, video clips, discussion and activities designed to provoke thought, celebrate as well as challenge participants’ existing practice and open up avenues for further development