In order to receive your tickets by email, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list. If you don’t see your tickets/order confirmation, please check your junk/spam folder.
Why Physical Development Matters
June 11 @ 9:15 am - 4:00 pm£75.00
This 1 day course will explore how children’s physicality and movement links to well-being and development across all areas of learning. There will be opportunities to reflect on the physical skills that support mark making and writing, planning to encourage active learning and how to foster positive attitudes towards being physically active for life.
During the sessions participants will have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on the importance of physical development as a prime area and how it links with other areas of learning in the EYFS
- Learn about the movement experiences that young children need and why
- Consider how to create a movement rich play environment including everyday routines to support physical development
- Explore how our own interactions and attitudes can encourage children to be physically active
- Review planning to ensure that children are engaged in physical activities that meets the national guidelines for under 5s
- Reflect on your own practice and be guided through your own research